Tux Paint Free Download is a free, award-winning drawing program for children ages 3 to 12 (for example, preschool and K-6). Tux Paint is used in schools around the world as a computer literacy drawing activity. It combines an easy-to-use interface, fun sound effects, and an encouraging cartoon mascot who guides children as they use the program. Kids are presented with a blank canvas and a variety of drawing tools to help them be creative. Get tux paint free download for windows pc.
Tux Paint Free Download a number of useful drawing tools are made available. The drawing canvas is a fixed size, so the user doesn’t need to worry about ‘pixels’ or ‘inches’ when making a new picture. The entire program fits on a screen as small as 640×480, and can be displayed full-screen, to hide the computer’s underlying ‘desktop’ interface. (It defaults to 800×600 mode, but can run at larger sizes and in portrait or landscape mode, as well.). Loading and saving of images is done using thumbnails, so no knowledge of the underlying operating system’s file system structure is needed. Even filenames are unnecessary.
Tux Paint Features and Highlights
- Various brushes available.
- parents/teachers can add more brushes.
- Brushes can be animated.
- Brushes can change shape depending on the direction they’re drawn.
- Alternate color palettes can be created and used.
- Color picker, for choosing colors from a drawing (New in 0.9.23).
- Hundreds of photographic and cartoon stamps images are available.
- Parents/teachers can add more stamps and create categories.
- Stamps can have descriptive text and sound samples (names, facts, etc.) and/or sound effects assigned to them.
- Stamps can be resized, flipped and mirrored.
- Raster bitmaps (Portable Network Graphics (“PNG”)) with full-color and alpha transparency (32bpp RGBA) supported.
- Vector graphics (Scalable Vector Graphics (“SVG”)) supported.
- Uses Paint Brush’s brushes.
- ‘Rubberband’ shows where the line will be drawn as you move the mouse.
- Draw various filled and unfilled polygonal shapes.
- Rotate shapes (this feature can be disabled for younger children).
- Come with various fonts.
- Bold, italic and size can be changed.
- Parents/teachers can add more fonts.
- Supports numerous languages.
- Labels may be moved or edited later.
- Print pictures on a printer.